Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Horsecamp with the Freeds

In northern Indiana, a creek is called a crick, shoes are cowboy boots and fun is measured by how many beers you can drink while riding a horse.



I met up with my family once again to enjoy some nature and get back in the saddle.  We all met up just outside Wabash, Indiana to enjoy some good food and good company, and to give the kids some experience riding ponies on the trail.



I love my family, so much so that I will sleep on the tiny couch in the horse trailer with my uncle snoring in the background just to spend some time together.  But they brought me a good horse and I think I'm becoming a better rider, or at least, a little more fearless of a horse just taking off and running at full speed.






We also visited the reservoir and played a very ghetto game of whiffle ball, where the ball and bat needed to be duct taped as the plastic could not hold up to the big hitters in my family.

 
 
The day was filled with laughter, corn hole and beer.  I think the farm/country life is in my blood, and I'm so grateful to have such a loving family who know how to live life right.

No comments: