Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hula Hoops, Drum Circles and School

Well, I'm afraid that my life is no longer terribly exciting, but that's ok.  I am in the stage that Erik Erikson calls "Intimacy vs. Isolation."  I've made it through "Identity vs. Confusion": I know who I am, and I now chose to give who I am to the community!


But first I have to say a few friends and I stumbled upon some hippies at Mt. Echo Park last night.  There we were chatting over a picnic when a lady with hula hoops in her hand walked by.  Odder still, another person with hula hoops, a drum and a dog walked by.  They just kept on coming.  We realized we had happened upon a hula hoop convention!!!  There was a drum circle and frisbee tossing, a man making giant bubbles for the kids, and hula hoopers everywhere!  I was so happy to feel a bit of the "western" mentality here in Cincy.

So I started taking grad classes at Georgetown College, KY to earn my ESL (English as a Second Language) endorsement on my teaching certificate.  I passed all three of my Praxis tests (yeah!) and can now apply for a Kentucky teaching certificate (it's currently a Colorado cert.)  Man, they make you jump through a lot of hoops in education, but I finally feel so ready for a career path and am psyched about taking these courses.  I will earn my endorsement at the end of next summer, and hoepfully will have a job all lined up for next Fall. 

Enjoy the last days of summer amigos!  Thanks for reading =) 

No comments: