Saturday, April 1, 2017

Bridal Shower

My mom and her two dear friends Patt and Connie hosted a bridal shower for me.  These two ladies also put together prom dinner at my mom's house oh so long ago!  The day had a special feel and the house was ready to welcome our family and friends!




Tim stopped by to pick up Michael for some bonding/babysitting down at our place.  Tim is the best!



My cousins and aunts came down from Indiana and we had a wonderful turn out for the day.  Patt and Connie made a delicious casserole and Oreo ice cream balls (amazing!) for dessert.  I was able to catch up with everyone.  Many of our guests have known me since I was a baby and it's been wonderful to share life's special events with people so dear to me.









I had quite a few gifts to open and received many items off our registry and some unique and creative gifts as well.  My cousin, Jenna, sewed a picnic blanket for Tim and I (so cute!).  My mom handed me an envelope that had a picture of my grandpa (who had passed away in 2014) standing next to a beautiful pine hope chest.  He had made it as a wedding gift for me before he passed.  I immediately teared up at the thought of my grandpa sharing in our wedding celebrations.  It was very special.




Everyone is so excited for the wedding day, which is just a few months away!  I am blessed!



No comments: