Monday, October 27, 2008

Summer is Over...Here's the Recap!

So summer is officially over and a swarm of great memories were made! I finished up another season at the golf course at the Resort at Squaw Creek. You'd be surprised at how many strange things can happen while playing golf, including two Asian women mistaking the gas pedal for the brake pedal in a golf cart. They rolled the cart down a steep hill and bailed out along the way while the cart continued to pick up momentum and slam into a valet parked car...everyone survived.











The bike path I take to work will soon be closed as soon as the snow storms roll in. The pedaling mode of transportation definitely kept me in shape, so now I'll just have to crank it up on the slopes!

Many hikes were taken all through the summer, most of them with beautiful overlooks of Lake Tahoe. July and August are our money making months, so my downtime in September and October was spent exploring the area by myself or with my friends. Luckily I didn't run into any bears!













Kayaking is also a popular activity on beautiful Lake Tahoe, and I'm lucky enough to have a good friend, Katie Kueber, who works for a local company. Bored one day, we decided to take a few kayaks out for a spin!

We also got in a bit of mountain biking to explore some areas more quickly. Katie (my roommate) and I never really know where we're going when we ride, but we always pop out somewhere we recognize and so are able to make it back home. After this particular ride we saw our friends floating down the river (which is another summer pastime) and so we joined them for some cruising and a much needed soaking of the muscles in the Truckee River!

Camping is very accessible throughout the area. We didn't take as much advantage of it as we should have, but a few of us managed to hike down to Chimney Beach to enjoy a full moonlight walk and a beautiful sunrise in the morning.

My buddy Jonny is a rafting guide for a company that my friend partially owns...so what does that mean? Free rafting on the Truckee River for Kim! I also had the opportunity to go wake boarding with my friend Heather on her family's boat. It was the first time I had ever been and I got up on my second try! I couldn't believe how blue the water is off the shoreline and I also can't believe how sore I was the next day. =0)

And of course we did the normal summer activities such as chowing down on a good barbecued burger, swimming in the lake, enjoying a good book at the beach, celebrating the 4th of July with fireworks, star gazing and living up the night life! Our softball team had a losing season (again), but it was still a blast!












So the summer has treated me well. It's my favorite time of year due to all the different activities you can enjoy everyday. Before I know it, it'll be time to haul out the skis, snowshoes, and tire chains! Until then, enjoy the beautiful Autumn and keep in touch!

No comments: